TEXAS GALA IN DALLAS-MAY 15
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elissa Ruffino (NIAF) 202/939-3106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT: TEXAS GALA
SPONSOR: The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF)
WHEN: Saturday evening, May 15, 2010
6:30 p.m. Cocktail Reception
7:30 p.m. Awards Program, Silent Auction and Dinner
WHERE: The Adolphus Hotel
1321 Commerce St.
Dallas, TX 75202
To showcase Texas’ vibrant community and celebrate our nation’s rich Italian heritage in the Southwest, the National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) will host its first regional gala in Dallas in more than 30 years on May 15 at the historic Adolphus hotel. The event will begin with a cocktail reception at 6 p.m. followed by a silent auction, awards program and dinner.
With more than 400 guests attending from Texas and across the United States, Joe DePinto, president and CEO of 7-Eleven, Inc, will serve as this year’s gala chairman. DePinto received a NIAF Special Achievement Award in Business at the Foundation’s 2008 Anniversary Awards Gala in Washington, D.C., and is a member of the NIAF Board of Directors.
2010 NIAF Gala Honorees:
● Mike Modano, Stanley Cup champion and seven-time NHL All-Star for the Dallas Stars, will receive a NIAF Special Achievement Award in Sports;
● Bruno Mascolo, CEO and co-founder of International hair care business TONI&GUY, will receive a NIAF Special Achievement Award in Business and the Arts;
● Gaetano Mascolo, brother of Bruno and also a co-founder of TONI&GUY, will receive a NIAF Achievement Award in Business and the Arts, posthumously;
● Jay Lombardo, president and CEO of Lombardo Custom Apparel, will receive a NIAF Achievement Award in Fashion;
● Victor “Vic” Salvino, dealer principal of Texas Kenworth Co., will receive a Special Achievement Award for Humanitarian Service.
Prominent business leaders and sports celebrities will join this year’s honorees, including Daniel A. DeMatteo, CEO and director of Gamestop Corporation. President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura W. Bush will serve as honorary patrons of NIAF’s Texas Gala.
Dinner tickets: $250-$1,000 per person. Attire: Cocktail. For sponsorship and ticket information, contact Geri Jones at 202/387-0600, email@example.com, or visit www.niaf.org/texas
Media Contacts: Elissa Ruffino, 202/939-3106, firstname.lastname@example.org or Natasha Borato,202/939-3116, email@example.com
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the heritage of Italian Americans. www.niaf.org