ItalTalk
NIAF
Send to a Friend Printer Friendly
  NIAF FORUMS
Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Calendars  Log Out

AP ITALIAN TRACK LEVEL 2 WITH AUDIO CD AVAILABLE ADESSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Academia] >> Advanced Placement >> AP ITALIAN TRACK LEVEL 2 WITH AUDIO CD AVAILABLE ADESSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AP ITALIAN TRACK LEVEL 2 WITH AUDIO CD AVAILABLE ADESSO... - 11/5/2007 3:52:30 PM   
Roberta

AP® Italian Track Level 2 with Audio CD is now available from Edizioni Farinelli. It is the newest addition to the only AP Italian prep series that moves high school students systematically from Levels 1 through 4 in their AP Italian study. The Edizioni Farinelli AP series now includes Levels 1, 2 and 4; level 3 will be published later in 2008.

The series is written by Bruna Petrarca Boyle, who served on the original AP Italian planning committee and authored the AP Italian Language and Culture Teacher’s Guide.

Each text in this series is developed to be comprehensive yet concise so that students don’t become overwhelmed or discouraged in their AP Italian studies. 

The new Level 2 text “is organized, clear and well done; all the activities are focused on preparing students to pass this demanding test,” says Magda Novelli Pearson, Italian instructor at Florida International University. Elvira Di Fabio, Senior Preceptor in Italian at Harvard University, adds that “the text intelligently drills the skills needed for the AP exam.”

AP Italian Track Level 2 contains:

10 themed chapters. Topics range from hobbies to home furnishings, professions to trades, and board games to music to help students acquire cultural knowledge about Italy.

Its 80 practice exercises are in the same format as the actual AP exam, including Listening, Reading, Writing, Culture and the two Speaking components (Directed Response and Picture Sequence).

The grammar mirrors Level 2 Italian instruction.

The text incorporates special vocabulary builders to increase the student’s knowledge base of themed topics and verbs used throughout the book.

An answer key is included for all exercises and includes six sample essays and suggested responses for the speaking components of the text. Audio CDs accompanying all the texts are recorded by native speakers from different regions in Italy so that students become familiar with regional accents.

“I am thankful for the consistency of this series in building the skills needed by students to succeed on the AP Italian test,” says Isla Arcaro, Italian teacher at Rolling Meadows High School in Wheaton, IL.

The AP Italian Track Level 1, introduced in March 2007, is organized similarly to the Level 2 workbook.  Topics include greetings, geography, food, holidays and other cultural themes; grammar is organized for Level 1 Italian instruction.

Ace the AP Italian Exam Level 4 is designed to drill students repeatedly in all areas of the AP Italian exam.  It also exposes students to the types of directions they can expect to see on the exam as well as providing concrete “tips for success” in their preparation.

Edizioni Farinelli publishes only Italian language materials and was the first publisher to introduce an AP Italian exam preparation workbook, now used in high schools across the United States.

To order these texts or other AP-related material visit www.edizionifarinelli.com or email edizioni@mindspring.com or call 212-751-2427.

###

AP is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board.

What Educators Say

NEW AP ITALIAN TRACK LEVEL 2

“This newest addition to the ACE the AP Italian Exam program is marvelous. I am thankful for the consistency of this series in building the skills needed by students to succeed on the AP Italian test. Building student confidence through the many engaging activities is ‘priceless’."
                        Isla Arcaro

Italian Teacher, Rolling Meadows High School, Rolling Meadows, Illinois

“An indispensable text for both teachers and students preparing for the challenging AP Italian exam. It is organized, clear and well done; all the activities are focused on preparing students to pass this demanding test. It’s Bruna Boyle at her best!”
                        Magda Novelli Pearson
                   Italian Instructor, Florida International University

“An excellent study program not only for high school students preparing to take the AP Italian exam but also for university students of Italian wishing to fine-tune their skills.”
                        Traci Andrighetti
                   Assistant Instructor, University of Texas, Austin

“The text reflects expert knowledge of teaching and learning. It intelligently drills the skills needed for the AP exam. Teachers and students have an invaluable tool at their disposal to prepare for success.”
                        Elvira Di Fabio, Ph.D.
                   Senior Preceptor, Italian; Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies in Romance Languages and Literatures, Harvard University

AP Italian Track Level 2 with Audio CD
ISBN 978-0-9786016-5-2
By Bruna Petrarca Boyle
Published by Edizioni Farinelli
$26.95 + S/H

EDIZIONI FARINELLI
1-212-751-2427
edizioni@mindspring.com
www.edizionifarinelli.com
Post #: 1
RE: AP ITALIAN TRACK LEVEL 2 WITH AUDIO CD AVAILABLE AD... - 4/1/2010 9:40:20 AM   
smith001

Hi,

This is Sandy here from Canada. As I have seen your comments & I must say that you had shared a lot of good information regarding the topic.

Thanks
Sandy

software testing methodologies

(in reply to Roberta)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Academia] >> Advanced Placement >> AP ITALIAN TRACK LEVEL 2 WITH AUDIO CD AVAILABLE ADESSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode