ItalTalk
NIAF
Send to a Friend Printer Friendly
  NIAF FORUMS
Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Calendars  Log Out

Italian bugler (and survivor) at the Little Big Horn

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Academia] >> Text Books >> Italian bugler (and survivor) at the Little Big Horn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italian bugler (and survivor) at the Little Big Horn - 10/9/2012 3:08:06 PM   
Verx23

Custer's Bugler: The Life of John Martin (Giovanni Martino) is a new book that details the life of one of General George Custer's buglers/orderlies at the Battle of the Little Big Horn in 1876; Martin carried the last desperate message (from Custer), an act that saved his life as minutes later, Custer and his command of 210 troopers and civilians were killed by the banks of the Little Big Horn. Most historians acknowledge that Martin was born in Italy, but until now, they're assumed his name at birth was Giovanni Martini. Recent discoveries in the vaults of Sala Consilina reveal - through Custer's Bugler - that Martin's actual surname was Martino, and not Martini. Of more interest is the fact that he was abandoned as a newborn at one of Sala's foundling homes AND that he accompanied Garibaldi as a drummer boy for several years before coming to America in 1872. It's a fascinating book!

Custer's Bugler
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Academia] >> Text Books >> Italian bugler (and survivor) at the Little Big Horn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode